Monday, August 17, 2009

Beautiful day.















It's raining and thundering here today. Not everyones typical " beautiful " day but it's my kind of day. I just hope it doesn't get humid out. Yuck!

Had a great weekend. Didn't get a lot done however and I fell on my stump on Friday. Sure hope I didn't screw something up. The Dr.'s office just called. I guess as long as I didn't bust anything open I should be fine. Sure zaps my confidence for going up and down stairs though.

On a happy note. I should be getting my IT guy in today from The Cubes figures. Sure hope I can get the rest of them before they vanish. Sucks I missed out on getting pat. Really wanted the break room set. I have a few funny ideas for some.

Had another blessed weekend sitting out by the pond. I had wanted a Koi pond for quite awhile but had no idea about the Dragonflies. I seem to be enjoying them as much as I am the koi and pond. I figured we'd get a few eventually but never anticipated the amount or variety that we're getting. It's even compelled me to get a book on insects so that I could identify them. The way they mate is beyond comprehension. Truely odd. I've been getting some really great pictures of them though. I'm still amazed at where they came from. How far they have to fly to get here every day and where they go at night.

I still don't seem to be in the Halloween mood. Perhaps because subconciously I know I still can't do anything but wheel myself around in the wheelchair and ask for this or that to the unlucky person that happens to be home to help. I'm excited about fall though. Hoping I'm doing well enough on my prosthetic leg to get around and go to a corn maze. I could do something small at the kitchen table with paper mache but still couldn't get anything out or put it away. So that's a bust. Still tempting however.

No comments:

Post a Comment