Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stained Glass








Stained Glass - I've dealt with depression on and off for most of my life. Pretty much been a slave to it. Never had a lot of control over it. Medicated it in various ways and never thought life would exist without it. I think to a point I still medicate it but I think it's also pretty well under control. I don't do depression meds. I medicate by keeping myself busy and with lots of different interest and positive thinking.

About 10 years ago we moved to a little town called Wellington. It's located in Kansas. The house had a Stained Glass window that I fell in love with. Used to sit and stare at it quite often. It was then that I began to take back control of my depression and life. With that much beauty coming in my window how could I be depressed ??? So from there came a new hobby. That little town was kinda magical in the way that small towns often are. Halloween was really cool. The streets were flooded with kids Trick or Treating. We only stayed there a year but that year was pretty special.

I've been making Stained Glass off and on for around 9 years. I really enjoy it and there's something about hanging a completed panel in the window that first time as the sun hits it that still gives me a rush.

I hope to get back into this soon. It's been around three years since I've made anything and I miss it. Not to mention I need to build my supplies back up.



No comments:

Post a Comment